At the Grassroots
Do you like collective action? You've come to the right place!
Having as much up-to-date information as possible on Jaccede is essential for helping people with reduced mobility get out and about. Help us by organising an Accessibility Day.
- Are you a group of friends/colleagues/relations who want to make yourselves useful? Why not work together on the Jaccede guide? Check out the accessibility at different places in your area and then share learnings over a drink. It's easy. And you might get a taste for it! That's all there is to it, so why not give it a go?
- Would you like to take more far-reaching action and mobilise the general public in your town? We have a tried-and-tested method and the tools to support and help you organise this task. Contact us!
Hint: If you don’t have access to a smartphone, then just download and print the information sheet so you don’t forget anything when you enter the information on the website.
Accessibility Day - the guide:
- The briefing: What is Jaccede and how does it work? Why is accessibility so important?
- Information gathering: as a team, visit establishments open to the public and describe their facilities objectively, using the Jaccede app on your Smartphone (or information sheets you later fill out on the website).
- Meet up and review: unwind and share your experiences over a drink.
The little extras:
Role-play (wheelchair, walking frame, etc.)
When you are used to walking, spending a few hours as someone with reduced mobility is a novel and eye-opening learning experience! You will have a better understanding of why detailed information about accessibility, for everyone's comfort, is so important!