Terms and conditions
Last revised on the 24th May 2018
Jaccede.com aims to gather, organise and disseminate crowdsourced information and advice from users (“The User(s)” or “Website member(s)” or “Jacceder(s)”) on accessible places everywhere in France and abroad.
The website www.jaccede.com (“The Website”) is a website for gathering, sharing and exchanging information with the purpose of helping to improve the lives of people with limited mobility. Respect of and between users is fundamental.
The Jaccede.com team reserves the right to withdraw access to the site for any User who is considered to demonstrate disrespect, discrimination, racist or anti-Semitic attitudes or offensive behaviour towards another party.
Any advertisement for personal profit, of a sexually-explicit, offensive, discriminatory, racist or anti-Semitic nature, will be rejected, as will any content considered to contravene the values of Jaccede.
The idea behind the Website is simple:
To be able to use the site the User must first register by choosing one of five profiles. Once registered, the User can access their personal profile.
- The User will thus have access to the following services:
- Registering new places
- Contributing ratings and comments
- Contributing additional information to existing places on the guide (wiki system).
The User is free to modify their profile at any moment.
Registration on the Website is free.
The username that the User chooses at the moment of registration guarantees each User’s anonymity. The User’s name and personal data will never be made available to the public or to other Website members without the express permission of the User, and are only visible to the User via their “Members area”.
When accessing the Jaccede.com website the User enters their email address and password, as chosen at registration.
The User can then access their “Members area” and enjoy all the various services of Jaccede.com and contribute to the growth of the Site with their information.
Not-for-profit charity registered under the 1st July 1901 French law concerning charity registration.
SIREN number: 493 755 698
Headquarters: La Ruche 24 rue de l'Est 75020 Paris, France
President: Valentine Lesser
Telephone: +33 143 71 98 10
Site manager: Valentine Lesser
The editor is committed to respecting all official laws concerning the setting up and the running of a website.
- Jaccede.com reserves the right to modify these TOU at any time. 14 days after being put online on www.jaccede.com these TOU will become effective meaning that they do not become effective retroactively.
- The User can reject these modifications at any time by cancelling their membership. If this is not the case then the user is deemed to have accepted the modifications.
Registration on Jaccede.com
- accede.com provides services to the User that allow them to share information to facilitate urban access and the discovery of new places, for people with limited mobility.
- The username and password chosen by the User are strictly personal and must under no circumstances be communicated to another party. The User has the sole responsibility for maintaining the confidentiality of their account details and password, and is responsible for all actions carried out under that account.
- As a result, the User agrees to inform Jaccede.com immediately via firstname.lastname@example.org should any unauthorised use of their account and/or password be suspected and/or any other breach of the security of their account.
- Jaccede.com will not be held responsible for any loss or damage incurred by failure to comply with the conditions of these TOU.
Use of Jaccede.com
- By accepting these TOU the User is aware that any information, data, text, software, music, sounds, photos, images, videos, messages or other digital files (hereafter collectively referred to as “Content”) which is made public on the Website or shared privately via the Website, will be under the sole responsibility of the User who shared the Content.
- The User alone is responsible for any content they contribute, upload, send or transmit either on or via the Website. Jaccede.com does not monitor the Content transmitted via the Website and therefore offers no guarantee as to the legal status of the Content in accordance with current laws and regulations, the accuracy of or potential omissions in the Content, any loss or damage incurred by usage of the Content which is displayed or sent by the internal messaging service or by any other means via the Website.
- By registering on the Website the User agrees to:
- Refrain from using the Website in any way which contravenes the law, for any illegal purposes or in a way which goes against these TOU;
- Not use the Website for the distribution, hosting, editing, propagation, storage or management of documents deemed offensive, slanderous, obscene, of a pornographic or threatening nature, or any fake or misleading Content, or Content which affects the privacy of another party;
- Not sell, copy, reproduce, rent, lend, distribute, transfer or sub-license either a part of or the totality of the Content on the Website and not to decompile, disassemble, modify, reverse engineer, attempt to uncover the source code or use any active software which forms either a part of or the totality of the Website, in a way that is legible to the User;
- Respect other Users of Jaccede.com;
- Refrain from harassing in any form any other User(s) of the Website;
- Never gather or store personal information concerning other Users, for any purpose whatsoever;
- Not harm minors in any way, and more generally to respect the rights and dignity of others;
- Only share true, accurate, up-to-date information which does not harm or infringe on the rights and dignity of others;
- Not share any content which would constitute incitement to hate crimes, incitement of discrimination, racial hatred, and more generally any Content which goes against current legislation, these TOU and public morals;
- Not disseminate information of an ideological, religious, political or nationalist nature;
- Not disseminate Content which may endanger minors, notably Content of a violent or pornographic nature or which might affect human dignity;
- Not display, communicate by email or any other means, any Content which violates patents, registered trademarks, trade secrets, intellectual property or any other ownership rights of another party;
- Not display, communicate by email or any other means any advertisements or unauthorised promotional materials (such as delivery of ‘spam’ mails or other prospection) or harassment of any form to any other User(s).
- Not misuse the Website by deliberately introducing viruses or any other malicious software or programs or attempting to access the Website by unauthorised means.
- Not speak badly of the Website on social networks or any other means of communication.
- If at any time and for any reason whatsoever, Jaccede.com suspects a User of not adhering to these TOU, it reserves the right to prohibit that User’s access to the Website and take any legal action it deems necessary, at their own discretion.
- When registering a place on the website, Users must not share information of a violent or offensive nature, or publish Content which affects the privacy of another party.
- For the proper functioning of the service, it is necessary for Jaccede.com, as data controller, to store certain information about its Users, such as name, surname, email address, postal address, type of profile, telephone number, profile photo, etc.
- Full respect of the private lives of its Users is especially important to Jaccede.com, and to this effect all necessary measures are taken to ensure the confidentiality and security of Users’ personal data.
- We remind you that in accordance with Law No. 78-17 of the 6th January 1978, the Data Protection Act, you have the right to consult, modify or correct any personal information provided to Jaccede.com when using the service, as well as the right to refusal for lawful reasons. The User may exercise this right by communicating by post to the official headquarters of Jaccede.com, or by email to the following address: email@example.com.
- The User may subscribe or unsubscribe to the Jaccede.com newsletter at any time by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jaccede.com may occasionally share with its users information on the news of the association. If the User does not wish to receive them, he may, at any time, oppose them by using the unsubscribe link embedded in the messages, by modifying his profile or by sending an email to the following address: support @ jaccede.com.
- Jaccede.com promises not to communicate, relinquish, or sell Users’ personal data to anybody without express permission, with the exception of the case cited in article 12.4.
- Jaccede.com makes every effort to ensure the security of its Users’ personal data in an adequate and appropriate way, and has taken all necessary precautions to ensure the safety and confidentiality of such data, so that they may not be modified, compromised or communicated by any unauthorised persons. The data is stored on servers located in the European Union.
- In accordance with the CNIL ruling number 2013-378 from the 5th December 2013, Jaccede.com informs its Users that cookies and other technologies may register certain information stored on their hard drive. This information allows the User’s preferences to be recorded and speeds up the connection process. Upon visiting the site each visitor will be presented with a warning message in the form of a banner, asking if they accept these cookies. The cookies contain confidential information concerning the Website’s Users.
- When a User arrives on the welcome page or any other page of the Website directly from a search engine, they will be informed of:
- The specific purposes for which the cookies are used;
- The possibility of refusing these cookies and changing the settings by clicking on the link in the banner;
- The fact that by continuing to navigate on the Website they accept cookies to be placed on their computer.
- In order to guarantee the full, complete and unquestionable consent of the User visiting the site, the banner will not disappear until the User continues to navigate the Website.
- Unless previous consent has been given by the User, cookies will not be placed if:
- every visitor to the Website (either the homepage or another page of the Website directly from a search engine for example) does not continue to navigate on the website, in which case this lack of action will under no circumstances be interpreted as intent;
- the User clicks on the banner which allows them to change their cookie settings and thus refuses the placement of cookies.
- By accepting these TOU and depending on the information provided by the User, they will be able to be track the User’s position on the “Jacceder Map”. Using this service, Users will be able to exchange services.
- However, if the User prefers not to be subject to this geo-tracking, then they may tick the option ‘I do not accept that my location be visible to other Users” under the ‘complete my profile’ section, to be accessed from their User profile.
Accuracy of information
- Each User agrees to ensure the accuracy, truthfulness and completeness of all information provided to the Website, including those directly concerning them, and to update them when necessary, on a regular basis.
- The User agrees to not infringe on the privacy of another person and to protect the personal data of other parties. Therefore they agree to not share with Jaccede.com information concerning another party without their consent.
- The User acknowledges that Jaccede.com does not have sufficient resources to verify the accuracy of all information about members of Jaccede.com and therefore cannot be held responsible for identity theft or false or misleading information.
- In the unlikely event that the User provides untrue, inaccurate, out-of-date or incomplete information, Jaccede.com reserves the right to close or cancel the User’s account and block their access to the service.
Use of information provided by Users
- In order to maintain full service on the site, make reasonable adjustments, ensure the constant evolution of the site, as well as improve the daily lives of people with limited mobility, organise events to improve accessibility for all and create a useful database for people with limited mobility, Jaccede.com monetises the information provided by Users and exchanges information with commercial partners.
- Users are informed that any profit generated from such uses is reinvested in the work of the non-profit organisation, Jaccede.com.
- Upon entering this Website the User explicitly acknowledges that all Content, works, images, photos, graphic elements, drawings, designs, illustrations, layouts, logos, texts and other content are the exclusive property of Jaccede.com and are protected under intellectual property law and international treaties and agreements concerning intellectual property rights. Therefore they may not be used without the express permission of Jaccede.com. Any infringement of this will lead to legal action.
- Jaccede.com is the sole owner of all rights and titles concerning the Website and its Content, including all intellectual property, which includes copyright, patents, designs, brands, logos, commercial names, corporate names, domain names, technologies, skills, processes, formulas, sources codes, executable codes, data and similar rights. This extends to any information concerning requests, downloading or renewal of the above, which may be protected by the law or regulations of any country.
- It is strictly forbidden to reproduce, represent, modify, adapt, distribute, exploit, share, use commercially, translate, arrange, transform or derive any composite content from any current or past work or Content which appears or has appeared on the Website via any means or media. Such acts of infringement may be punishable by law and the author will bear full responsibility.
- In submitting any Content to the Website the User gives over the international rights of use to Jaccede.com, free of charge, and Jaccede.com is therefore free to use this content, anywhere in the world, to pursue its activities and the expansion of the Website.
- The repeated extraction of Content and data from the Website is strictly prohibited and sanctioned under intellectual property rights and sui generis rights of the databases. Any illicit extraction of data will incur civil and criminal liability for its author.
- The User is solely responsible for any content which they post, send by email or by any other means to another party
- As a result, Jaccede.com will in no way be held responsible for Content provided by Users, and for errors or omissions and any harm caused by the use of such Content whether it is displayed, sent by email or by any other means using the service provided.
- Jaccede.com will in no way be held responsible for technical failures or problems linked to the telephone network, online systems, internet providers, internet systems, servers, computer equipment or software which Users utilise.
- Jaccede.com makes every possible effort to ensure the accuracy of all information and Content published on the Website, and reserves the right to correct it at any time without advance warning.
- Jaccede.com may only bear responsibility for direct damages caused by the Website. Jaccede.com will not, under any circumstances, be held responsible for indirect damages incurred by the User, as laid out by the jurisprudence of French courts of law.
- Finally, Jaccede.com takes no responsibility for any unpredicted outcomes or damages resulting from a fraudulent act leading to an alteration or modification of the information or Content on the Website which may have a negative impact on another User of the Website. Jaccede.com also takes no responsibility for any damages caused by acts of any nature or consequences, caused by accessing the Website or the inability to access the Website.
Checks and moderation
- The User accepts that Jaccede.com can view Content both before and during its publication. Jaccede.com reserves the right to refuse proposed Content at its own discretion.
- Jaccede.com is also within its rights to delete or remove any Content which it deems to be in violation of these TOU or of the law.
- The User acknowledges that Jaccede.com has the right to terminate or restrict some or all of the User’s access to the service, their account, or password for any reason, in particular for reasons of lack of use, or if Jaccede.com has good reason to believe that the User is acting against the values and terms of these TOU and of the law. The User will be informed through all possible means.
- Jaccede.com informs the User that it reserves the right to use any IP addresses collected, for (i) the identification of Users when required to by law enforcement authorities, the police, any independent administrative body, or any body of law or authority; (ii) the identification of a user if they do not respect these TOU. In this particular case, Jaccede.com could be obliged to transmit the User’s IP address to the access providers in order to be able to identify the User. Depending on the violation of the TOU, it may be necessary to communicate this IP address to the relevant authorities.
Jaccede.com makes every effort to enforce these TOU. Given the high number of interactions with the Website, the risk of these TOU being violated is always present. If a User witnesses any infringement of these terms then they are invited to inform Jaccede.com by email on the following address: email@example.com. Jaccede.com will take all necessary measures to protect the User’s identity.
- Any notifications may be communicated to the User by email or by post, if the User has entered their email address or postal address on the Website.
- Jaccede.com reserves the right to modify these TOU and notify Users directly on the Website, or via links redirecting to such notifications. It will be assumed that all Users accept these modifications.
It is forbidden for any User to copy, reproduce, sell, resell or exploit any part of the Website edited by Jaccede.com in any way for commercial gain, without the express written permission of Jaccede.com, to be given by the legal representative.
- Jaccede.com uses the API Google Places for mapping services Google Maps / Earth.
- Links which appear on the Website and links to other Websites or external sources (hereafter “External sources”) are not the responsibility of Jaccede.com
- Because Jaccede.com is not responsible for these External sources and does not control them, it cannot be held responsible for their availability, nor for the Content, publicity, products, services or other materials on these website or external sources.
- Equally, Jaccede.com will under no circumstances be held responsible for hyperlinks which redirect to the Website, and putting in place links without permission from Jaccede.com is forbidden, and will incur liability for the author.
- The User acknowledges that Jaccede.com will not be held responsible for any damages, losses, whether proven or alleged, as a result of using or trusting content, goods or services available on these external sites or sources.
Information related to trademarks
Jaccede.com, The Accessibility Days and all other logos, product names and services of Jaccede.com are protected by the laws of French intellectual property rights (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Jaccede.com Trademarks"). The User agrees not to use or share under any form the Jaccede Trademarks for commercial or non-commercial ends, without the express written permission of Jaccede.com.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
- These TOU are governed by and interpreted in line with the French law, with no regard for conflicts of law.
- All parties accept to undergo conventional mediation or an alternative form of settlement of differences, in the case of any legal action, complaints, interpretation and/or execution of these TOU or in relation to the Website. If the process of mediation is not successful then the Code of Civil procedure will be applied.
- Jaccede.com is a registered charity under the 1901 French law with the aim of promoting access to urban life for all of society, especially people with limited mobility. This is done by developing a guide to accessible places.
- The president of Jaccede.com is Valentine Lesser.
- The Website managers can be contacted at any time with the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.